We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our firm. This individual should be self-motivated, energetic, forward thinker who enjoys the challenges of handling multiple tasks and responsibilities.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Tax Department Support
- Project Tracking – using Practice Management & Workflow Software
- Responsible for the electronic & paper administrative processing of tax returns, misc. tax forms & filings
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform data entry
- Provide various clerical duties such as printing, scanning, filing, copying of documents
- Sorting, delivering, and handling incoming/outgoing mail and shipments.
- Monitor office supplies; request orders and re-stock as needed
- Other various duties as assigned
- Support and assist other team members with projects and as backup, as needed.
Other Miscellaneous Requirements:
- Operate with a sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Forward thinking, organized, efficiency minded, and detail oriented
- Prioritize, plan and organize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to be flexible, work efficiently and take the initiative to accomplish work with little supervision
- Personable with strong business communication skills
- Focus efforts on client needs, providing quality service, timely turnaround and client satisfaction.
- Administrative office experience a plus but not required
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Knowledge of CCH ProSystem FX Tax, Practice Management, XCM, SafeSend Returns
This is a full-time hourly position located in our Syracuse, NY office. This position is not eligible for remote work assignment. Dependability is critical with possible overtime during busy seasons, (January-April) (September-October) which will include some evenings and Saturdays. Flexibility is available during the summer months (May-August).
DB&B is one of the largest locally owned and independent, certified public accounting firms in Central New York. Our firm is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment. This commitment is woven into our values and beliefs. As an equal opportunity employer, our firm is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, class, gender, sexual orientation, gender orientation, country of origin, religion, mental health status, age, and disability. At DB&B, our differences are what make our team stronger.
If you share our dedication to high standards of excellence, please email your Resume & Salary Requirements to:
Dermody, Burke & Brown, CPAs, LLC
443 North Franklin Street, Suite 100
Syracuse, NY 13204