Tax Intern (Seasonal Position)
Dermody, Burke & Brown, CPAS LLC’s Tax Intern program is designed to provide a dynamic, challenging, and valuable on-the-job work experience in a Public Accounting Firm. This paid part-time (20-24 hours per week) position runs from mid-January through mid-April, 2023. You will work directly with our partners, managers and staff as you perform a variety of tasks, learn new skillsets, use the most current tax accounting software, and become part of a team. Successful candidates may be asked to return the following year for another internship and potentially be offered full-time employment upon graduation.
Tax Intern Responsibilities:
- Prepare individual tax returns
- Prioritize work according to filing deadlines and workflow demands.
- Maintain organized workpapers and files that can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep staff, managers and partners informed of progress of jobs
- Scanning, copying of work papers into software programs
- Working towards a degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Ability to work and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work effectively individually or as part of a team
Testimonial from 2023 Tax Intern, Michael
"I had a wonderful experience here at DBB and I appreciate all the patience and support for the interns by all the staff during this busy season. I learned a lot and admired all the training and teaching throughout. The program was set up very well and the environment here was very comfortable."