Trusts & Estates Tax Professional
Dermody, Burke & Brown (DB&B) is currently seeking an experienced Tax professional for our Trusts & Estates department. This is an opportunity to grow and develop meaningful relationships with our clients while handling various tax matters related to estate and trust taxation. This position is full time with a flexible schedule outside tax season.
- Prepare fiduciary, estate and gift tax returns
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Detail focused and driven to achieve high standards
- Outstanding analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Proficient in tax research and documentation
- Respond to inquiries from IRS and State
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required
- Minimum of 3 busy seasons (Jan-April) and tax season preparation experience
- CPA license, Paralegal or equivalent of education/experience
- Proficient knowledge of CCH Prosystem FX Tax & Engagement, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks is preferred.
- Knowledge of probate process and procedures helpful but not required.
A willingness to learn different software systems as well as tax and accounting client service processes and systems in an ongoing effort to become continuously more efficient and competitive within the industry.
- Flexible work arrangements with generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Competitive salary with bonus program, Profit Sharing, and Health Insurance
- Collaborative environment focused on career and leadership development
Compensation is based on experience.
DB&B is one of the largest locally owned and independent, certified public accounting firms in Central New York. Our firm is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment. This commitment is woven into our values and beliefs. As an equal opportunity employer, our firm is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, class, gender, sexual orientation, gender orientation, country of origin, religion, mental health status, age, and disability. At DB&B, our differences are what make our team stronger.
If you share our dedication to high standards of excellence, please submit your resume to:
Dermody, Burke & Brown, CPAs, LLC
443 North Franklin Street, Suite 100
Syracuse, NY 13204