Staff Tax Accountant
New Hartford, NY
Dermody, Burke & Brown (DB&B) is seeking a Staff Tax Accountant for our New Hartford office. If you’re working in public accounting or private industry and want an opportunity to advance professionally and work on exciting, challenging projects with a mix of clients, then our team may be right for you! This is a unique opportunity to apply your accounting experience to a variety of small to mid-size business clients.
- Prepare complex individual, corporate, and partnership tax engagements
- Accounting/Bookkeeping for Business Clients
- Quarterly/Annual payroll tax report filings
- Ability to manage multiple projects/task on a timely basis while monitoring time spent
- Detail focused and driven to achieve high standards
- Outstanding analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Proficient in tax research and documentation
- Respond to inquiries from IRS and State
- Works cooperatively in teams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field
- 2-3 years’ experience in a tax accounting environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of CCH, Prosystem FX Suite, Quick Books is preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks, and QuickBooks Online
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
Normal work week is 40 hours (8:00AM - 5:00PM), however may be increased from time to time at firm’s discretion. From January 1st through April 15thyou will be required to work most Saturdays.
Salary $55,000 - $62,000 based on experience.
DB&B is one of the largest locally owned and independent, certified public accounting firms in Central New York. Our firm is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment. This commitment is woven into our values and beliefs. As an equal opportunity employer, our firm is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, class, gender, sexual orientation, gender orientation, country of origin, religion, mental health status, age, and disability. At DB&B, our differences are what make our team stronger.
If you share our dedication to high standards of excellence, please submit your resume to:
Dermody, Burke & Brown, CPAs, LLC
443 North Franklin Street, Suite 100
Syracuse, NY 13204